DISH 111 DishPro SD Interactive TV One-TV Single-Tuner IR Residential Receiver
Dimensions : 2.0 ; W x 8.75 ; D x 9.5 ; H
Weight : 1.75 lbs
The ViP 211 is our next generation entry level HD receiver that supports one HDTV. Eye-opening dramatic color and previously unimaginable picture clarity are just some of the benefits of the ViP 211, perfect for a single high definition television household.
From here you can:
- Select the on-screen message or issue that you need assistance with
- Go to the receiver's remote home page
- Use interactive receiver menus
- Research information on additional equipment
- Learn How To's
- View installation information
- Find additional receiver features and information
Electronic Program Guide (EPG) Functions
- Channel Surfing Enhancements
- DishHOME Interactive TV with Customer Support Channel
- Electronic Program Guide
Page-At-A-Time Scrolling in EPG. Instantaneous current and next program extended information. Retrieves up to 48 hours of information with quick access. The entire guide will update every four hours when in Standby.
Press GUIDE for (next list)" is displayed under the list name with the date and time.
- Extended Browse Feature
- HD Channel Mapdown
- Instant Program Information
- Local DMA Channel Mapping
- Local Link
- Off-air Analog Pass-Thru
- Off-air Channel Scan
- Program Search
* Go to Menu, Themes & Search, Search. The keywords can be entered with your remote control alpha-numeric keys (cell-phone style) or using the right/left/up/down blue arrow buttons and Select to access the on-screen keyboard.
- TV Enhancements
- Alternative language and Descriptive Video support
Descriptive Video is an audio narration, which provides the listening audience with descriptions of scenes, settings, costumes and body language in the natural pauses of dialogue or songs. It is being offered as a service for the visually impaired.
- Caller ID
Displays caller information on the TV screen. You must have a phone line plugged in and a subscription with the local telephone company for Caller ID to show on the television. Caller ID information will show on a VCR tape if information pops up while recording.
- Closed Caption support
- Customer Support Application
- DISH CD Music Song Titling
- Event Timer
Tells VCR to record, automatically tunes into a pre-programmed channel when it starts, or gives you an on-screen reminder of a designated program's starting time.
- Favorites Lists
120 channels distributed among 4 user defined lists allows you to view guide information for only those channels that you set up in the Favorite List. Also choose between viewing all channels (All Chan) or all subscribed channels (All Sub).
- Parental Control Locks
V-chip technology for Parental Control based on ratings and content. Separate locks are available for adult and PPV.
- Hide Lock Channels
The Hide Lock Channels option allows customers to hide locked channels from the EPG.
- Pay-Per-View purchase summary
- Theme categories for program selection
- Transparent Info Banner
A transparent Info Banner provides on-screen channel and program info.
- Delivers high-definition and standard-definition programming
High-definition content can be viewed using HD outputs, or HD content is automatically down-converted for viewing using SD outputs.
Standard-definition can be viewed using SD outputs, or SD content is automatically upconverted for viewing using HD outputs.
- HDTV Digital Audio/Video output.
Allows you to display programming on high-definition television monitors.
- Five methods to adapt a non-HD 4:3 image to a 16:9 HDTV screen.
Manipulates a 4:3 image to fill the screen simply by toggling the asterisk button on the remote control. The Page Up adjusts HD and Page Down adjusts SD settings.
o Zoom - Proportionally expands the non 16:9 image horizontally and vertically to fill the 16:9 screen.
o Stretch - Expands the non 16:9 image horizontally to fill the 16:9 screen
o Partial Zoom - A hybrid of the Zoom and Stretch modes that minimizes cropping effect of the zoom mode and image distortion of the stretch mode.
o Normal - each side of a 4:3 image can be masked with black bars
o Gray bars - each side of a 4:3 image can be masked with gray bars
- High-definition component video output (Y/Pb/Pr).
The most widely used HDTV video interface.
- Integrated 8VSB off-air digital tuner.
For reception of off-air digital broadcasts (including high-definition). Disabled unless the receiver has activated DISH Network programming.
- Supports all 18 ATSC (8VSB) input formats.
Outputs 480p, 720p and 1080i HDTV resolutions in addition to 480i SDTV resolutions. 1080i and 720p HDTV formats represent the ultimate in picture quality offered by our HDTV standard. This receiver does not currently support 1080p. Instead, use 720p for fast action, or 1080i for other programming.
- 4.1 IR Universal Remote (1)
- Front Panel Buttons (3)
Power, Channel Up, Channel Down
- Front Panel Lights (1)
- Low Battery Indicator
If the remote control batteries are low, a small "Low Battery" text indicator appears in the view banner whenever the view banner is displayed.
- IR Blaster
Sends an infrared command to VCR to record programmed shows.
- MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 compliant t
Method to compress digital signals. This way, the amount of information that has to be sent decreases. MPEG is a compression method. Thanks to this compression, it is possible to combine several channels onto one satellite transponder.
- Power supply draw: 0.15 - 1.25 amps, average 0.25 amps; 15 - 230 watts, average 60 watts, exact on back panel
- Smart Card door (a Smart Card is not used; Smart Card technology is built into the receiver)
- Software upgrades via satellite
- Software Version Control
Software Version Control will allow some receivers to self-maintain their software version.
- Standby Reset
Standby Reset helps to reduce problems by clearing errors encountered over the previous 24 hours.
- Super Diagnostics
Super Diagnostics allows faster access to important system information and settings. Press Menu - Menu to access System Info 1. Hot Key explanations are available under How To.
- SuperDISH support
- ystem Information available at a button push
Press the Sys Info button on the receiver.
- Wireless Phone Jack support
3-prong power cord
(1) Satellite antenna input, blue F-connector
(1) Telephone Jack; may not work properly with some VoIP systems (broadband phone)
(1) TV antenna/cable input, black F-connector
(1) HDTV Digital Audio/Video output (HDTV TV1)
(1) Set Y/Pb/Pr High-definition Component output (HDTV)
(1) Dolby Digital/PCM digital optical output
(1) S-Video Output (SDTV)
(1) Set RCA-type audio/video output (SDTV)
(1) Modulated TV Set output
(1) USB 2.0 port
(1) Ethernet port (211 ONLY)
* Both SD and HD outputs are active at the same time.
Cables and Accessories
(4) 1.5V AAA Battery
(1) 3.2 IR Universal Remote
(1) Y/Pb/Pr 3-Wire Cable (red, blue, green) (6 ft)
(1) RCA 3-Wire Cable (red, white, yellow) (8 ft)
(1) RJ-11 Telephone Cable (25 ft)
(1) S-Video Cable (8 ft)